Friday, January 4, 2013

Seafood Pasta Jambalaya

This dish was inspired by my love for pasta and a craving I had one day for some jambalaya.  I searched for a way to combine the two but everything I found involved cream based dishes.  I am not a fan of cream based sauces in most cases so figured I needed to come up with something for my specific palate.  So here you have it! It was better than I could imagine and now a staple recipe for me.  Hope you love it as much as I do!
 
 
EAT GOOD FOOD, LIVE A GOOD LIFE!
- Poetic Cook

 
 
 
 
 
Ingredients
2 cups of chicken stock
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chicken breast meat, cut into strips
16 (21/25 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
1/2 cup crawfish tails
1/2 cup sliced andouille sausage
1/3 cup sliced yellow onion
1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/3 cup sliced green bell pepper
1 can stewed tomatoes
4 cups of your fav short cut pasta i.e. penne, rotini or cavatappi
The following seasoning to your desired taste:
salt
pepper
garlic powder
Creole Seasoning (whatever seasoning mix you can find locally)
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Your favorite hot sauce
 
Directions
Heat a large skillet over moderately high heat, Add butter and melt. Add onion, bell pepper, seasonings, chicken, and andouille and sauté 1 minute or
until chicken is almost done. Add shrimp, crawfish tails and sauté 1 minute. Add stock and stewed tomatoes and cook over medium heat until liquid begins to boil (Note: before the mixture boils this is your chance to taste it to see if you need to add more of the seasonings). Cook pasta until al dente, drain well. Turn off pan with jambalaya mix in it and pour pasta into the pan, coating all pasta with jambalaya. Let sit for 3-5 minutes to let flavors sink into pasta.
 
Voila! Enjoy!
 

4 comments:

  1. can I omit the sausage and Chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already made this twice and each time it was a big hit. The kids loved it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it has become a regular in your kitchen! It definitely goes fast in my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo round two.. It was sooo good, I made it again tonight.

    ReplyDelete