Monday, February 16, 2015

Asparagus, Tomato, and Mushroom One Pot Pasta

Hello fellow foodies! It's been a long time but I'm going to do better at sharing some of my yummy creations. I'm trying to eat better as I enter my final stretch to turning 40. So I've restarted my meatless Mondays. This week I was inspired by all the One Pot pasta recipes I've been seeing to create this nice and light dish. It was a hit! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

EAT GOOD FOOD, LIVE A GOOD LIFE!
- Poetic Cook



 
 


Ingredients:

1 box pasta (I used DeBoles Jerusalem Artichoke Linguini)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4-5 garlic cloves sliced thin
8 asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 medium tomato diced
4 oz mushrooms (I used portabella, oyster and shiitake)
1 shallot, chopped
2 tbsp fresh basil ripped into small pieces
2 tsp parsley chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
4 cups chicken broth
1.5 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp onion powder
Sea salt
Fresh ground pepper

Instructions:
Heat oil and sauté garlic and shallots until softened. Add asparagus to the pot. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir often until asparagus turn bright green and start to soften,   Add mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir often for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, basil and oregano. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir often until all vegetables are softened but not mushy (about 10 minutes). Add chicken broth. Add lemon zest, onion powder, additional salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Bring mixture to a boil. Add pasta. Use tongs to stir pasta into mixture. Stir constantly until pasta is softened, not clumped together, and fully immersed in liquid. Add cream. Cook until pasta is al dente. Serve while hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment