Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baked Mac and Cheese

Hi fellow foodies!  So I've been making baked macaroni and cheese for years but it was only recently that my husband discovered that he had a sensitivity to gluten.  I have therefore learned ways to either eliminate or minimize it in certain dishes.  I think you will find that the recipe below, not only works with regular pasta extremely well, but if you try the gluten sensitivity version that it will surprise you to a point where you may never go back to regular elbow pasta! I know I may not! Give it a try!

EAT GOOD FOOD, LIVE A GOOD LIFE!
- Poetic Cook




1 12oz. package gluten free elbows (I use Bionaturae Organic Gluten-Free Elbows)
1 8 oz block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pint half and half
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon Onion powder
2 pinches of Ground mustard
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 tablespoon Goya Adobo (without pepper)
Salt
Black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil elbows according to directions until aldente. Strain but do NOT rinse. Pour pasta into a small casserole dish (approximately 8 in). Stir the butter into the hot pasta until completely melted and mixed well. Then add eggs and stir thoroughly but quickly. Add entire container of half and half. Stir mixture. Add shredded cheese and stir well until distributed proportionately to pasta in dish. Add seasoning and stir well. Note: If you like more onion flavor you can increase the onion powder to a tablespoon. The salt and pepper are not measured out so they should be added to your taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until top starts to brown. 

2 comments:

  1. And...I will be trying this as well. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out! We definitely enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete